Why are Businesses Opting For Pageless Website Design?
23 Oct 2017
In pageless website design, all information is presented to the visitors on a single page rather than several pages. With the help of this website structure, many businesses are transforming their outdated websites and offering an enjoyable and contemporary experience to the visitors. They are enabling visitors to absorb the entire content on the site through guided narrative, intuitive scrolling and responsive elements.
Pageless website design is being considered the future of the web because it offers various benefits:
1. The main purpose of having a website is to communicate with customers, prospects as well as business partners. The goal is to accomplish a certain objective and this is something that can be achieved beautifully through story telling. In pageless web design, stories are used for compelling visitors to take the desired action. Since stories are the best way of delivering a certain message, many businesses are benefitting from pageless designs.
2. This type of web design is intuitive and seamless. The moment visitors land on a pageless site, they get immersed in a great story, encouraging them to keep scrolling rather than link hunting or performing any type of point and click guesswork. The overall message on such websites is clearer because it is not scattered between different pages.
3. Pageless design embraces mobile-friendly elements as well as responsive elements. This helps the site co-exist with the changes taking place in the digital landscape. Such sites also embrace linear and intuitive scrolling on a single page. Scrolling is beneficial because when compared to clicking, scrolling is faster and it also helps visitors view sufficient information without breaking concentration. Also, scrolling is easy for touch screen devices.
4. Another very important benefit of pageless design is that it helps businesses yield higher conversion rates. With the right combination of beautiful design and an interesting story, higher conversion rate can be achieved. It helps generate new leads and promote the products or services. It also helps drive more downloads and make more sales.
5. With pageless design, iteration becomes faster and easier. It also becomes easy to make changes based on analytics and user feedback. This is all easy since there is only one page to deal with. There is no need to weave exceptional user experience across different pages on the site. There is already a powerful one page story that will do the work.
6. Whether the visitors are using a laptop, a smartphone or a tablet, pageless design looks great on all types of devices. This type of site structure creates a uniformity across different platforms. These platforms already have users who are accustomed to scrolling through content along with intuitive navigation and interactive elements. Pageless designs offer a more intuitive user experience by utilizing the design concept named Responsive that ensures the site adjusts to all types of devices.
Wondering if pageless website design is expensive? The answer is no. It is quite affordable. You just need to find a reliable service provider to do it for you. Only when you hire an experienced team of web designers, you can be assured of best results.
Here are a few things you need to know about using pageless design for large websites:
1. If you have a large website with a large gallery or product inventory then implementing pageless design can be difficult. However, it can still be achieved by using several ‘pageless’ structures, sub-domains and pages. A catalog of individual but combined single page sites can be created by combining these factors. If your site has populous content then one shouldn’t shy away from pageless site structure.
2. There has been a rapid change in the way Internet is changing. Web designers have come up with Flat design that involves the use of clean and simple graphics and Responsive sites that work well on all types of platforms. One of the most radical trends in web designing is the ‘pageless’ trend that dismissed the old-fashioned notions of layout and structure of sites. These sites make sense because they are not restricted by print-based design. Pageless sites consist of one page that can be scrolled up and down the by users to find what they are looking for.
3. Since pageless sites are condensed, they are more concise and clear as compared to standard websites that are often structured like information catalogues without any clear purpose. Also, they are engaging as users are more likely to spend more time on such sites because they are easy to use and read.