Social Media Marketing and SEO for Boosting Online Presence
05 Dec 2017
Social Media Marketing
Search engine optimization and social media marketing are two very well-connected strategies. They are inbound, organic strategies that are quite effective in building a strong identity for the brand that leads to more visitors. Social media attention can play a very important role in improving search engine optimization. This is a fact that not many search marketers realize.
Here are two important social media practices with which companies can boost their SEO:
1. It is necessary to grow the number of followers and connections on different social media channels including Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. This will have a direct influence on the rankings. However, there are a few things that should be remembered. The quality of followers can be easily detected by Google which means, if you are buying proxy followers on Facebook or Twitter, then it won’t be doing much for boosting your rankings. The focus should be on building followers organically. As a business owner, you need to remember that growing number of followers is a slow procedure and you need to be consistent if you want it to increase.
2. There is no harm in encouraging external inbound links. Social media encourages external sites to link to your content. So if you have diverse external links, you will be in a good position in Google’s eyes. However, you must have authoritative and relevant content to start with. You cannot attract links if you have outdated content. In this scenario, social media channels can work wonders in putting across the content to the visitors. Hashtags can be used for better visibility. The overall aim should be to improve the social reputation of your brand.
There are several ways in which social media is beneficial for search engine optimization. For instance, the more shares there are on your social media pages, the more people will get to know about your company or products and link to it. You are very likely to get links from different sites if you are putting out quality content that will gain traction on social media channels.
Even building an audience becomes necessary because even if you have the best products or services but people don’t know about it, there will be no takers for your offerings. You have to be proactive and reach people with your products and services if you wish to cut into the competitive marketplace.
Social media channels have always been useful in promotion of a brand. For instance, YouTube is one of the most searched search engine that can brought into use for influencing the SEO performance of a brand positively. Videos can be created for promoting a brand or content and this will lead to links. Your videos can also rank in the SERPs organically.
There are certain things that you need to consider when looking into the impact of social media channels on SEO:
1. Your company’s search rank may or may not get boosted by social links. According to the experts, today, companies can achieve links by developing relevant and original content that is then shared on different social media channels.
2. Links on social media sites help search engines in understanding the sites that are credible and what site should be ranked for what keyword phrases.
3. Whether or not social shares affect the position of web-pages in search listings, social profiles definitely help in influencing content of a company’s search results. As far as brand names are concerned, social media profiles are often amongst the top results in search listings.
4. You need to remember that social media channels such as, Facebook and Twitter are search engines too. According to the experts, social media is the new SEO and that search engine optimization includes the search that happens on the social media search engines.
5. According to Google, social signals don’t have any impact on search rankings. But this doesn’t mean that it never will.
Since SEO is so important for boosting the rankings of business websites, it becomes necessary to have experts who can handle this task. Hiring experienced SEO managers can prove to be an expensive decision for many companies. Therefore, outsourcing seems to be a cost-effective option for businesses that want to save time as well as money. By hiring a reliable SEO company in Mumbai, any business can reap the benefits of search engine optimization. This is because reputed companies have expert SEO managers who know the right strategies for bringing in quality results.